Online Counseling Certificate
Counselling is a professional activity that utilizes an interpersonal relationship to enable people to develop self-understanding and to make changes in their lives. Professional counselors work within a clearly contracted, principled relationship that enables individuals to obtain assistance in exploring and resolving issues of an interpersonal, intrapsychic, or personal nature. Professional Counseling is explicitly contracted and require in-depth training to utilize a range of therapeutic interventions, and should be differentiated from the use of counseling skills by other professionals.
- Utilize counseling, psychotherapeutic, and psychological theories, and a set of advanced interpersonal skills which emphasis facilitating clients’ change processes in the therapeutic context. This work with client processes is based on an ethos of respect for clients, their values, their beliefs, their uniqueness and their right to self-determination.
- Require in-depth training processes to develop understanding and knowledge about human behavior, therapeutic capacities, and ethical and professional boundaries.
- Take account of the cultural and sociopolitical context in which the client lives and how these factors affect the presenting problem. This includes awareness and assessment of social and cultural influences such as age, development, (dis)ability, religion, cultural identity, Indigenous identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, nationality and gender. Professional Psychotherapists and Counselors value such differences and avoid discrimination on the basis of these aspects of identity.
- May involve intervening with current problems, immediate crises, or long-term difficulties. The work may be short-term or long-term, depending on the nature of the difficulties, and may involve working with individuals, couples, families or groups.
- Counseling and Psychotherapy occur in a variety of contexts in the public and private sectors.
- Regard ongoing clinical supervision, professional development, self-awareness, self-development, self-monitoring and self-examination as central to effective and ethical practice. Such practices lead to enhanced capacity to utilize the self of the practitioner effectively in the therapeutic relationship.
While the work of Counselors clients may be of considerable depth, the focus of Counseling is more likely to be on specific problems, changes in life adjustments and fostering clients’ wellbeing.
Our Certificate in Counseling course with Chrysalis Courses Online will equip you with a good level of knowledge in counseling: a starting point for practice if you’re new to the subject.
You’ll learn all about the fundamental concepts, including the history of this exciting profession, the different techniques and approaches and how they can be used to help people. You will also start building your own practical experience and learn useful skills for your personal growth. It’s a great way to experience the profession and decide if counseling is a career you wish to continue with.
This course is recognized and Quality Checked by the National Counseling Society which holds an Accredited Register, recognized by the Professional Standards Authority.
Love & smiles,
The Own Yourself
Sign up for the FREE mailing list HERE!